Castable Refractory Cement 3lb Dry
- Repairs bricks and linings
- Fast setting and non-asbestos
- Can be cast into custom shapes or as one solid stove bed
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Resists temperatures up to 1204°C (2200°F)
When used in a firebox, clear all dirt, dust and debris from the surface to be cemented. Lightly dampen the surface area with water. When casting, have a trowel, spatula and casting form handy before adding water. Only mix an amount that can be used in 20 minutes. Add 142 mL (5 oz.) of clean water to every 1.36 kg (3 lbs.) of dry-mix. Allow to air dry for 24 hours prior to final curing. For best bonding and strength, the first firing should be of low intensity to allow the water to be driven out.